If you are coming to New York for New Year’s Eve 2014, this list covers all the bases of fun activities, parties, fireworks-the whole 9:
- New Year’s Eve at Times Square Times Square-Broadway, between 42nd & 47th Sts
Arrive by 3pm to stake out a spot in the Broadway/7th Ave cross. Be prepared to stay put and pack all of the snacks and beverages you will need for the night. There are no public restrooms or food vendors so leaving means giving up your spot.
- New Year’s Eve Party Ride Washington Square Park W 4th St to Waverly Pl, between MacDougal St & University Pl
Grassroots environmental organization Time’s Up hosts this under-the-stars bike ride, which begins in Washington Square Park and ends at Central Park’s Belvedere Castle at 11:45pm. Wear festive outfits and bring treats for the outdoor after-party.
- Coney Island New Year’s Eve Extravaganza and Fireworks at Steeplechase Pavilion, Brooklyn 9 pm
Countdown to 2015 with 8,000 LEDs on the Parachute Jump. Once it’s midnight, the fireworks spectacular begins.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks at Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn 11 pm–12 am
Kick off the New Year’s with this beloved Brooklyn fireworks tradition.
- Central Park Fireworks and NYRR Midnight Run at Naumburg Bandshell in Central Park 10 pm
Join the fun and celebrate with dancing (starting at 10:00 p.m.), live performances, and a 15-minute fireworks show.
- Purple Rain New Year’s Eve Dance Party Videology 308 Bedford Ave, between South 1st & 2nd Sts, 11211
Relive the glory that is Prince’s Purple Rain with a FREE screening of the film at 9:30pm, followed by a dance party all night with your favorite hits from the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s.
- New Year’s Eve on Staten Island Ferry Staten Island Ferry South St, Whitehall St
Tis the poor man’s cruise. Board this ferry late on Dec 31 for a magnificent view of lower Manhattan to ring in the New Year.