General Tips: Casual Chic is the New York Style. People no longer dress for the theater or museums, although looking smart is always in style. All black is common for a New Yorker, but you need not comply with this.
WHAT TO WEAR:
YES – do bring your white jeans and comfortably wear them until mid September. Although its post Labor Day, the rules have changed and the temps can still be in the low 80’s.
- Pair your white, blue or black jeans with a non- white short sleeve top or off the shoulder to for the daytime shopping, lunching, meandering.
- For dinner and/or theater, opt for a stylish top with a light-weight jacket (jean, cloth, light leather, blazer.) A simple dress with a light leather jacket is always a winner.
- Feet: Post Labor Day, you may want to leave your very casual sandals and flop flops home. However, open toe boots, closed flats, closed low boots(booties) and cool sneakers are definitely “right” for this season.
- Stay away from white on white outfits.
- Leave your summer florals home
- No need for heavy wool sweaters
- Do NOT wear fur trimmed or sequin items.
- Do NOT bring a cocktail dress for dinner out , unless you are invited to a legitimate cocktail party which calls for this.
Want to Shop with us? Check out www.shopgotham.com
We specialize in special WHOLESALE access. Who doesn’t love that!