Fall is finally here and while we are excited for the leaves to change and the pumpkin carving to begin-we are thoroughly enjoying our last afternoons hitting highs of heavenly 80 (which will probably be this weekend).
Take it from us, New Yorkers know best: we recommend taking a shopping tour of Soho & Nolita and exploring the downtown area this weekend while the weather is sun friendly-it is the perfect way to spend a Saturday/Sunday.
And although the weather seems to be cooling down a bit, the activities in NYC remain on point. Here are some other noteworthy “outdoor” happenings to check out this month we thought we should share:
- The 911 Memorial downtown is finished and it is breathtaking
- Chelsea Highline is completed and now runs all the way to 34th St (and one of the all-time coolest parks in NYC)
- An awesome Pop-Up Coffee Shop in Soho celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the TV show ‘Friends’ (which is a spitting image of Central Perk). It’s fully functioning, serving delicious hot drinks to warm you up and offering comfy couches (just like in the show) so you can pretend you are Rachel and Phoebe on set.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge and grab a slice of to-die-for-pizza, Brooklyn style, on the “other side”
- Spend the afternoon at South Street Sea Port shopping/eating and listening to live music. Watch the sunset over the Brooklyn Bridge, with an ice cold beverage in your hand, toes in the sand. If you happen to be here on Sep 27, make sure you stop by the special festival, Old Seaport Street Fest.
#shopgotham #freethingstodoinNYC #fall2014 #nycactivities #welovenyc