If you are visiting NYC this month and are wondering what to pack-keep it simple! Trends this winter are easy to wear and simple to pair together, lot’s of solid basic colors and loose silhouettes. Our outfit “go to’s” for spot on chic city fashion that is easy to wear in the city, listed from head to toe:
- Hats are huge this winter! Whether you prefer a long black beanie, colorful knit hat with a fur pompom (our personal fav), extravagant fur aviator, fedora, felt floppy, etc-this trend will keep you just as cozy as it will chic.
- Sunglasses-we promise, you will want to shield your precious eyeballs from the whipping winds of NYC.
- Long, camel colored coat styles. Mirroring a slight “bathrobe effect” coats are oversized and loose hanging.
- Sweaters are either cropped or long in styles, such as cape styles or old school “sweater dress” looks (just make sure the sweater is not form fitting if it is on the longer side-longer sweaters require movement of ease: slits, zippers, elbow holes, etc!) Soft cashmere & wool blends will be sure to keep you warm and fashionable!
- Cropped denim-whether the bottoms are rolled or slim fitting and showing a little bit of ankle-these are a must! Slightly high waist (just under belly button) are in; in either leather black, denim black, light faded blue, dark wash or ox blood colors! Pull out your 90’s denim, it’s perfect.
- With freezing weather on the docket, and the expectation that you must walk everywhere in the city, a solid comfortable boot is a must! Knee, over the knee, calf, ankle-any of the above are a stylish addition to top off your look. Skip the snow boots, we’ve only had 2 snow storms so far, both of which turned to rain and washed away within 24 hours.