The weather recently has been a bit wild, ranging from sunny and warm afternoons to chilly windy nights. Our suggestion on dreassing for NYC this fall-wear layers! Not only is layering your outfit a fashion statement, but it allows you flexibility throughout the day and into the evening as the weather changes. Key pieces to incorporate this fall:
- Hats- Wide rimmed, floppy, colorful, there are so many styles (making this trend work for a wide variety of face shapes accross the board). Hats are “so in” right now, fun to wear, and an easy on/off as weather permits! Try these styles- cloche, bowler, beanie, fedora, beret.
- Scarves- Offer a little protection to your neck, feel cozy, and look chic! Cashmere, knit, wraps, knotted, tied, infinity…the choices go on and on! Always a statement piece and easy to wear.
- Cashmere blend socks- Not only are they super warm, comfortable, and able to fit inside your favorite boots- your toes will appreciate the added comfort with all the walking you will be doing in the city.
- Leather jacket- The undying NYC trend. Fitted, moto, cropped, embellished- whichever way to want to wear it, these jackets are slimming AND warm.
- Vests/Capes- These styles have resurfaced from fashion history and are chic when worn correctly! Keep it simple-when using these pieces as your top layer, stick with solid greys, blacks and camel. As for the adventurous, try these fun outerwear trends: leather trim, color fur, herringbone, houndstooth, pinstripes, and Prince of Wales checks. Hoods and high necklines are also ways to ward off the NYC wind.
- You can find these items on a Shop Gotham shopping tour at discounted prices!