The weather recently has been a bit wild, ranging from sunny and warm afternoons to chilly windy nights. Our suggestion on dreassing for NYC this fall-wear layers! Not only is layering your outfit a fashion statement, but it allows you flexibility throughout the day and into the evening as the weather changes. Key pieces to incorporate this fall:
- Hats- Wide rimmed, floppy, colorful, there are so many styles (making this trend work for a wide variety of face shapes accross the board). Hats are “so in” right now, fun to wear, and an easy on/off as weather permits! Try these styles- cloche, bowler, beanie, fedora, beret.
- Scarves- Offer a little protection to your neck, feel cozy, and look chic! Cashmere, knit, wraps, knotted, tied, infinity…the choices go on and on! Always a statement piece and easy to wear.
- Cashmere blend socks- Not only are they super warm, comfortable, and able to fit inside your favorite boots- your toes will appreciate the added comfort with all the walking you will be doing in the city.
- Leather jacket- The undying NYC trend. Fitted, moto, cropped, embellished- whichever way to want to wear it, these jackets are slimming AND warm.
- Vests/Capes- These styles have resurfaced from fashion history and are chic when worn correctly! Keep it simple-when using these pieces as your top layer, stick with solid greys, blacks and camel. As for the adventurous, try these fun outerwear trends: leather trim, color fur, herringbone, houndstooth, pinstripes, and Prince of Wales checks. Hoods and high necklines are also ways to ward off the NYC wind.
- You can find these items on a Shop Gotham shopping tour at discounted prices!
Shop Gotham hosts corporate group shopping tours in addition to our other shopping services. In the fashion world (and several others), it is vital to progress with what is new and interesting in retail in order to succeed. Our private industry tours allow corporate members to do precisely that. Just last week, we hosted a group from a high end fashion company (whom we must keep annonymous). Merchandisers from this worldwide corporation spent the afternoon alongside our knowledgable guides and had an educational shopping experience tailored specifically to their companies business needs. This is a fun and educational alternative for entertaining corporate groups that are visiting NYC.
“Excellent Tour of SOHO / NOLITA shops”
Dad’s Review – This was a father / daughter trip to New York to celebrate my daughter’s high school graduation. She picked out this tour and we were very glad that she did. We never would have wandered into some of the stores that we visited and we made purchases in almost every shop. We had the honor of having Marla as our guide and she was very knowledgable and helpful. My daughter wears a size 5 shoe and always has problems finding shoes. Marla took the rest of the group to a clothing store and while they shopped, she took my daughter and me to a couple of shoe stores in search of the petite footwear. Marla was flexible with the shops we visited on the tour and catered to the needs of the group. The tour gives you a taste (and a map) of the area and time goes by quickly. We ate lunch in Little Italy and then shopped some more. We only used the tour discount in one store, but found a lot of good sales in the shops that we visited.
Daughter’s Review – This was probably one of the most favorite parts of this trip! Marla was very nice and was very knowledgable of SoHo & NoLita. There were little shops that we would have never looked at or given a second look to if it weren’t for this tour. We were given a map & a few stores that we would be going to along with some that we wouldn’t. This map helped SO much when we went back a day later to go shop some more. I loved how descriptive it was. Everything from the price range, to what kind of styles they carry, even to the address! Marla showed us the first departments store along with some historical tidbits, which were really cool. She was also very helpful with my small foot problem. I had tons of fun and wish we could have extended it! I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone! Five stars!