As a small and local New York business, Shop Gotham truly values feedback from our guests. A very special thank you to Harriet from the UK for sharing her Soho and Nolita Shopping Tour experience on TripAdvisor and giving us a 5 Star Review. We hope to shop with you next time you visit NYC!
Reviewed April 3, 2015
“Guide was FABULOUS! Even with 6 other guests along, she Catered to our interests and was very knowledgeable about the area. We were given a great map and it was suggested we use it to mark places we wanted to return to, which turned out to be an excellent tip. A couple of English stores have just arrived to NYC and we especially enjoyed those. The time goes very fast, so plan to stick around after and make time to go back to the street vendor selling one of kind, beautiful things on Prince and Mulberry. Great program.”
Harriet M, Visited March 2015
Spending Easter Weekend in NYC and looking for fun things to do Easter Weekend?
Go Easter shopping with your teens in NYC! Treat your girls to a Soho, NYC Shop Gotham Shopping Tour and kick start your Easter Weekend!
An original, fun and fashion savvy tour guide will be appointed to bring the group (max 12 guests, so always an intimate size) on the shopping extravaganza throughout the hidden chic and edgy shops of Soho and Nolita.
Good Friday, start off your Easter Weekend with some fashion and fun! @11am-Soho/Nolita Shopping Tour includes 20+ partner stores where discounts last all day for Shop Gotham shoppers.
#shopgotham #teensinnyc #teenshopping #soho #nolita #shoppingtour #easterweekend
Good news! Winter is almost over which means the Shop Gotham Soho Nolita Shopping Tours will begin again! Starting March 6th, our explorative downtown shopping tours commence each week on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. Looking for an activity to do with mom and teens in NYC or groups of women in NYC? This tour is the fun and easy solution!
Here is a small sneak peak into a few new stores in the area that have opened up this winter:
Classic basics, Men’s and women’s clothes with a Gap/Joe fresh feel. The best part? The sale section in the back of the store
H&M sister brand opened their first US location this October in Soho. European style merchandise: apparel between $50-100, accessories ($10-50), bath/home products and features a HUGE shoe bar in the back of the store.
Small gem stone/mixed metals shop that opened up in January. The store originated in Park Slope and still have store there, but this is first NYC location. The sell a variety of men’s and women’s jewelry/gifts: “finer” jewelry (bridal collection) towards the back, less expensive bracelets, charms, keychains, temp tattoos, rings and gifts towards the front.
Very friendly, welcoming and educating staff. They are ecstatic to tell you a story for each stone-regarding it’s origin or it’s historical uses. Turf floor, books with gemstone info are scattered about and the shop girls hand out cards that describe each stone you are interested in. Floor to ceiling hand made gem stone jewelry-most pieces raining between $150-250 but there are some less expensive pieces/small gifts.
Coming to the city soon with teens or a group of teens and looking for something fun to do? We have a plethora of options that are perfect for teenagers, both girls and boys:
- Educational Student Shopping Tours are both fun & educational for teen girls and boys. A guaranteed afternoon well spent exploring NYC by students and chaperones alike. Shop Gotham host student groups year-round (from 4-100+) and we create custom tours for each and every group.
Examples of educational shopping paired themes in the past: History of the Garment District, Music in the West Village, Street Art/Graffiti, Costume Design and the Performance World.
- Private SoHo/NoLita Shopping Tours offer the most unique, trendy and fashionable boutiques within the gorgeous and chic neighborhoods of Soho and Nolita. For teen boys and girls alike, these charming side-by-side neighborhoods yield the ultimate shopping area in the city. Your teens are led by our expert guides, both fashion and “shopping scene” savvy, shopping exclusive discounts (available only to our guests) at 15+ partner shops.
- Sweet 16 Shopping Parties are a dream come true for the girl who loves fashion, the excitement of New York City and shopping with her friends. Our private Sweet 16 shopping tours are a unique, once in a lifetime experience for the birthday girl and her friends to explore the city in a fun and totally chic, totally VIP way, on her birthday. Give the party that she will never forget!
- Self Directed NYC Teen Dress Shopping Itineraries are perfect for those teens that want to shop at their own pace! Shop Gotham now offers a “self directed” aka non-guided tours of New York City that makes it easy for you! Whether you are looking for formal occasions (such as prom, homecoming, wedding) or casual (LBD, party, weekend) SG has the ultimate store list of ‘NYC Musts’; including store hours, location, price range and what to expect.
- Knock out your Christmas and Holiday shopping in one day on a Garment Center Tour. Purchase chic accessories, handbags, jewelry, dresses, coats, scarves, fur-gifts for the whole family at wholesale-only prices! And of course, a little self-gifting is okay too!
- Stop by Bryant Park to check out the outdoor Holiday Vendors that surround the BP Ice Skating Rink. Burn some calories, take a spin on the ice, check out the fabulous BP Christmas tree and then grab a cappuccino and people watch.
- The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, as always, is a must do if you’ve never seen it! Each year the music, costumes and talented Rockettes & performers grow more exquisite!
- Visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, a world-wide symbol of the NYC holiday season. Come celebrate the official start of the NYC 2014 holidays!
- Take a shopping break and stroll Holiday Under the Stars, an state-of-the-art holiday light display at the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. The spectacle features a dozen 14-foot LED stars that do a colorful “dance,” flashing more than 16.7 million color mixes in time to classic yuletide tunes.
- Museum at FIT opens a new exhibit exploring the Counterfeit Industry and how it affects the fashion world, Faking It. “Fashion should slip out of your hands. The very idea of protecting the seasonal arts is childish. One should not bother to protect that which dies the minute it is born.” Coco Chanel
- See New Year’s Times Square Ball Drop on December 31st. Ring in the New Year of 2016 in the heart of New York City, Times Square! Or stream it live here.
#shopgotham #thingstodoinNYC #christmas
Start at 34th St Highline entrance in the morning, take the railroad path all the way down to the end into the West Village and then head to Soho for a Soho Nolita Shop Gotham Shopping Tour-it’s a perfect way to spend a summer day outdoors in New York. Walk the areas that New Yorkers enjoy most-Chelsea, West Village, Soho and Nolita all in one day!
Back to school shopping is just around the corner! Let’s face it-who doesn’t love new clothes? Shopping for school clothes is not only a fun day spent with mom but also a chance to depict your personal style for the year ahead. Shop Gotham has back to school covered, offering fun and fashion forward guided shopping tours that are great for both mom and daughter! Spend the afternoon shopping NYC’s hottest boutiques in Soho/Nolita (with a special discount card provided by your guide), take a break for brunch, then catch a broadway show. Perfect day spent in New York City-check!
At Shop Gotham we may act cool when we see a celebrity, but on the inside we’re jumping up and down like a cheerleader from Glee! This past weekend we saw none other than Betsey Johnson herself coming out of her namesake store on Wooster Street. Her exuberant, over the top fashion is available to Shop Gotham guests at a terrific discount. Come take our Soho fashion tour today! You never know who you might meet…
On September 25th get 25% off the Soho and Nolita Tour please visit:
http://www.shopgotham.com/daily-new-york-shopping-tours.php and enter: Sept25 to receive discount!