Coming to the city soon with teens or a group of teens and looking for something fun to do? We have a plethora of options that are perfect for teenagers, both girls and boys:
- Educational Student Shopping Tours are both fun & educational for teen girls and boys. A guaranteed afternoon well spent exploring NYC by students and chaperones alike. Shop Gotham host student groups year-round (from 4-100+) and we create custom tours for each and every group.
Examples of educational shopping paired themes in the past: History of the Garment District, Music in the West Village, Street Art/Graffiti, Costume Design and the Performance World.
- Private SoHo/NoLita Shopping Tours offer the most unique, trendy and fashionable boutiques within the gorgeous and chic neighborhoods of Soho and Nolita. For teen boys and girls alike, these charming side-by-side neighborhoods yield the ultimate shopping area in the city. Your teens are led by our expert guides, both fashion and “shopping scene” savvy, shopping exclusive discounts (available only to our guests) at 15+ partner shops.
- Sweet 16 Shopping Parties are a dream come true for the girl who loves fashion, the excitement of New York City and shopping with her friends. Our private Sweet 16 shopping tours are a unique, once in a lifetime experience for the birthday girl and her friends to explore the city in a fun and totally chic, totally VIP way, on her birthday. Give the party that she will never forget!
- Self Directed NYC Teen Dress Shopping Itineraries are perfect for those teens that want to shop at their own pace! Shop Gotham now offers a “self directed” aka non-guided tours of New York City that makes it easy for you! Whether you are looking for formal occasions (such as prom, homecoming, wedding) or casual (LBD, party, weekend) SG has the ultimate store list of ‘NYC Musts’; including store hours, location, price range and what to expect.
Your teen loves fashion and shopping and hanging out with her friends. Her favorite thing to do is read fashion magazines and browse the internet for the latest and most chic trends and styles. Her birthday is coming up, she is about to be 16 and you want to give her the ultimate birthday gift and celebration on her special day. Look no further, Shop Gotham has you covered and will take care of all the planning!
For the fashionista whose ideal birthday celebration is to shop in NYC with her friends! Each Sweet 16 shopping tour is personally customized to suit the style, budget and fashion desires of the Sweet 16 birthday girl.
#shopgotham #shopgothamfashion #sweet16 #nycshoppingtours
A recent Sweet 16 Testimonial from TripAdvisor
Fabulous!! Spectacular!! Fun!! Appropriate!! My husband and I booked my daughter’s Sweet 16 Party with ShopGotham and Puglia’s Restaurant in Little Italy. We traveled by limousine to and fro the event from Central NJ. What a blast they had, including my self!!! I contacted Marla, the owner, who made all the arrangements. She was wonderful – answering all my questions, including recommending restaurants for after the shopping. She booked us with Tour Guide Melinda who was delightful, charming and quite knowledgeable of the SOHO/NOLITA area that we toured and shopped. My daughter and her friends had so much fun shopping, eating cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes, learning some history of the area and talking celebrity gossip. I would definitely recommend ShopGotham. I may even tour again soon with my lady friends!!!
What to Wear: Spring 2011
If you’re heading to New York this spring, you may be staring at your suitcase unsure of what to pack. After all, the weather here changes just about every five minutes. Don’t worry– you can always pick up what you need on a New York City fashion and shopping tour. Read on for some key spring staples at affordable prices….
Spring 2011 Women’s
1. Platform Shoes
Inspired by Lady Gaga’s over-the-top footwear, heels this season are drag-queen high platforms. We’re in love with these nude pumps by Steve Madden with a cute slingback: another hot trend this season. And these peep-toe slingbacks by Madewell put a twist on the classic Oxford. You can’t go wrong with either of these picks! These shoes are perfect for a sweet 16 outing or for a night on the town.
2. White Jeans
Pair your cute platform heels with a stylish pair of white jeans. This trend has re-emerged hotter than ever after the popularity of white jeans last summer. This season they’re as blindingly white as possible and come in a variety of cuts and sizes. Check out this funky take on classic cargo pants by Alice and Olivia:
2. Tailored Blazer
This bookish, smart blazer by Brooklyn Industries dresses up or down and is the ideal travel accessory. It doesn’t wrinkle, and be thrown on when the temperature fluctuates, which in New York City is every five minutes. Purchase it at 15% off on your next Shop Gotham Soho tour!
But for those with the guts to wear it, orange is the hot new shade this season, as evidenced by the orange blazers on socialite Olivia Palermo and Rachel Bilson. Ease into this trend with this gorgeous orange cardigan by Tory Burch:
Spring 2011 Men’s
Given that Shop Gotham is now offering a brand-new men’s tour, we want to be sure to update everybody on men’s fashion as well. Read on for some startling trends in men’s fashion!
1. Sun-Faded Denim
For those not quite willing to sport floral patterned shorts, no matter who designed them, stick with classic denim. While a good pair of jeans is essential no matter where you live, here in New York, sun-faded denim is making its way back into the mainstream.
Levi’s has paired up with Opening Ceremony to create this gorgeous, high-quality chambray line:
2. Military, Military, Military
Even if you’re not the type who ever harbored fantasies of becoming a soldier, chances are you will be embracing military-themed clothing this season!
This ultra-sexy leather military jacket from John Varvatos is worth every penny. Varvatos puts his signature rock and roll twist on a classic jacket in butter-soft leather. John Varvatos’ Bowery flagship store is among the stops on the newly launched men’s tour. PIck one up at 20% off on one of our tours this spring. It’s a must-have for a cool evening.
Orlando Bloom is sporting sexy skinny cargo pants for men in the Uniqlo ads featured on the subway and billboards of Manhattan. Here at Shop Gotham, we’ll take one of each: Bloom and his pants! Pick up a pair for the guy in your life (also available for girls!) on a Soho tour today.
3. Comfy Slip-On Shoes
We love our heels at Shop Gotham, but we can’t help feeling a little envious of how easy men have it this season. Slip-on shoes have long been a staple of summer, but this year the uber-casual footwear has caught the eye of one of our favorite designers, John Varvatos. (Again! We love him. We’re shameless.)
This time we’re really excited by his collaboration with Converse for a classic, All-American look that dresses up or down. On our most recent men’s tour, the employees were quick to point out this top seller:
This urban twist on an American classic is very New York. For this and other trends, take your man on an NYC fashion and shopping tour today!
In New York City the snow has melted and people can once again roam the streets without risking frostbite. We are getting busy here at Shop Gotham with more tourists than ever coming to our wonderful city. If you’re coming to New York and you want to a.) get your shopping fix, b.) escape the crowds, c.) explore some of New York’s most best neighborhoods on foot, consider signing up for a Shop Gotham shopping tour! Take advantage of our exclusive discounts to get the newest spring fashion. Book your tour in April and take advantage of sample sales galore. What could be better? It’s spring, it’s fashion, it’s New York!