SCHEDULE (3 Hour Tours)
Wednesday & Friday: 10:00am – 1:00pm Thursday: 1:30pm – 4:30pm (March to December only)
January – February: (low season rate)
$60 per person (+ticket online charge) March – December: $64 per person (+ticket on line charge)
Groups of 6 or more receive an automatic discount of 10%
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Advance Purchase required. NYC Tours Sell out!
- Maximum of 12 PERSONS per tour.
- Program is for WOMEN’s Items only. We do offer a special price for men who wish to accompany women (to carry bags or give opinions).
- Showrooms carry traditional women’s sizes 0–12. Occasionally size 14 is available. We cannot accommodate “special sizes.”
- Recommended for women aged 17 and older (girls under 17 will likely not enjoy the selection.)
- These are walking programs and cover approximately 4-5 city blocks.
- Sampling of pricing: A Dress retailing for $325 will be available for approximately $140; Handbags retailing for $400 will be approximately $175. A Scarf retailing for $90 will be approximately $38. A shirt retailing for $190 will be approximately $80.
- Each program visits 6 Showrooms.
- Most showrooms accept credit cards; there will likely be one which accepts cash only. Best to come prepared with both. In case of need, there are several ATM’s on every block.
- During Peak Sample Sale Seasons (June, November, December) we may swap out 1 of our private appointments for a public sample sale, to give guests the opportunity to shop a famous brand.
- This is NOT a fabric and trim tour.
Garment Center Insider Tour
FOR WOMEN ONLY
Shop Gotham blazed the trail for “Special Access” Designer Showroom Shopping and ladies, this is where it all happens! In
the epicenter of the women’s fashion industry.
The Garment Center “Insider” Shopping Tour takes you on a
“behind-the-scenes” expedition to Private Appointment-Only
Designer Showrooms (not accessible to the public) to shop
exactly where store buyers, fashion editors and stylists shop. And
at the same prices: WHOLESALE. Shopping is for current season “better” Apparel & Accessories at 50-70% BELOW RETAIL. Each tour has a mix of classic and more fashion forward options, suitable to a variety of ages.
Who are the Designers? They are a mix of smaller successful names and the fascinating emerging stars. This is where the excitement begins: Best not to come with an item in mind, but
rather to shop for pieces you have never seen before and will be
thrilled to have in your wardrobe. And there’s more: Guests will have the opportunity to meet a designer or 2 in their showroom, learn interesting tidbits about the fashion industry and see some of the area’s iconic landmarks.
At the conclusion, all are sent off with a complimentary
comprehensive list of the SAMPLE SALES happening around town
for post-tour independent shopping.
CUSTOM PRIVATE TOURS
Women Traveling Solo or Together Mother-Daughter expedition
Spouse & Incentive Programs
Fashion Savvy & Fashion Curious Birthday and Bachelorette celebrators
MEETING LOCATION 38th and Fashion Ave (7th). The specific location will be provided upon ticket purchase.
HOW TO GET THERE
also have taken a shopping tour in Paris and Rome.
We chose Shop Gotham’s Garment Center tour as I
was curious about shopping this area. What utter fun
it was to go to the showrooms and get to buy some
things at wholesale. This tour is completely different
than what I have done in other cities, where part of
the object was to have help finding our way around
and speaking the language. I enjoyed this one just as
much. New York is a never ending bevy of surprises!” – Charlotte, April 2016, Austin, TX